Anaphylaxis Canada Celebrates Food Allergy Awareness Month
May is Food Allergy Awareness Month in Canada and is a very important time to help increase awareness of food allergies in our local communities and across the country. Anaphylaxis Canada is committed to help achieve this goal with some key initiatives and community events planned for this month.
Announcing The Summer of TAG (Treating Allergies with Genuine Care)
Anaphylaxis Canada is proud to be named the charity of choice by Indy Race car driver Alex Tagliani. Alex, in partnership with Pfizer Canada (Canadian distributor of EpiPen®) is launching an exciting new initiative to promote food allergy awareness and safety. The Summer of TAG will kick off with Alex’s visits to schools in Toronto (May 8) and Montreal (May 9). Alex will use these visits to talk about how he manages his food allergies and the importance of always being prepared for an emergency. He will also launch a design contest for his racing helmet that he will wear during the Toronto Indy in July, and will go head-to-head with a fellow race car driver in a Power of Two competition to raise funds for Anaphylaxis Canada. Click to view the press release.
· Managing Food Allergies: Ask the Expert Community Conferences - May 4th - Toronto & Vancouver
· Youth Conference: TEENS TALK ALLERGIES - Toronto, May 4th. For more information on the youth conference and YAP, please visit www.whyriskit.ca
· Online education: "10 Tips for Managing Food Allergy in Schools" Webinar.
Community & Other Events
· The Robyn Allen Memorial Cup - May 4th at the Mayfair Tennis Club in Toronto.
· The Sean Delaney Golf Classic – This event (May 28th) has raised over $2.1 million in support of Anaphylaxis Canada.
· The Canadian MedicAlert Foundation®, with the help of Anaphylaxis Canada, is hosting a FREE public awareness event to educate Canadians about allergy protection on May 9th, at Yonge/Dundas Square in Toronto.
· Sabrina Shannon Memorial Award- For more information visit www.whyriskit.ca.
You can do your part too, here’s how:
· Join the Allergy Information Service and stay informed on issues that directly affect you.
· Join the campaign to support Online Anaphylaxis Education
· Spread the word - share our public service announcement "The First Kiss" over email or social media.
However you choose to celebrate Food Allergy Awareness Month, get involved and make a difference in your community.
Thank you for your support,
Return to Hot topics